Carwood have been remanufacturing Turbochargers for over 2 decades and the operation is now based in a specially developed factory at Ollerton near Nottingham in the East Midlands of England. Originally supplying defence and OES contracts the business has developed significantly with ranges now available for car, van truck, plant and specialist applications. The facility is equipped with the latest computerised remanufacturing, balancing and testing technology including:
- Turbo Technics VSR 430 balancing machine
- Turbo Technics VTR test bench
- Schenck 110MBS balancing equipment
- Carwood bespoke flow test rig
- Electronic Actuator Tester
Quality control is certified to ISO9001:2015 and Environmental Management to ISO 14001:2015. The Nottingham Turbocharger facility applies 5S disciplines and Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve workflow, efficiency and product standardisation.
The operation supplies a number of well-known customers worldwide including Caterpillar, Isuzu, Jaguar Land Rover, Mitsubishi, MoD, Perkins, and TVS as well as many of the leading Motor Factor Groups and Independent Motor Parts Distributors.
The Carwood Turbocharger proposition has the following key features and benefits:
- Wide range in stock for all vehicles
- Next day delivery of stock items
- Suppliers to vehicle and engine manufacturers
- Considerable economic benefit over new units
- Significant environmental benefits
- Remanufacture of your own turbo if preferred
- Turbo evaluation and reporting service
- Full 2-year turbocharger guarantee (passenger car)
For customers using the MAM automotive catalogue system, Carwood Turbochargers are listed under the CTR classification.